Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

worst case scenario (not new, but DODS idea)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worst case scenario (not new, but DODS idea)

Hi !

For the next patch if it's possible, could be really nice to have a simple DODS map like "dod_orange_fight_arena"
    perfect for aim training while there are not enough players to enjoy an official map, and no need to run that much to face enemys...

Maybe sounds stupid, but this map on dods it works perfectly...

And i guess you're working on this but a votemap option on servers would be awesome

i want to shoot shoot shoot shoot !

p.d. please if you make this map, orange is not required XD
    Attached Files
    Last edited by entrecot; 05-06-2017, 10:53 AM.

Should have at least real textures.. never was a fan of it tbh.

Comment

Last december a community mapper had already finished an aim map.
      Devs didn't/don't want anything to do with it until the editor and map distribution processes are out.

Join us on: Steam / Discord

Comment

Entrecot is right imo. An aim map is very popular and easy to make. dod_orange_fight_arena and dod_lime_arena are simple yet exciting maps that would most likely bring dozens of us back. DOZENS!!

Comment

You know what.....ask me a year ago if I would had wanted to see orange maps in DOW I would had said nope. But.....I'd actually play more at the current stage we are in if it had fight arena or line green lol. WTF!?!?!

However..HUGE potential problem. It absolutely cannot be official or in any way supported by the game for legal reasons. If Valve made a fuss about it, what do you think some random dude would do in this day of age where they could potentially sue and get free money.
          First Sergeant A. Switz [3rd MAR]
          Company Commander, 3/3 India Company
          3rd Battalion, 3rd Marines

Comment

Originally posted by A. Switz [3rd MAR
            ;n20526]
            However..HUGE potential problem. It absolutely cannot be official or in any way supported by the game for legal reasons. If Valve made a fuss about it, what do you think some random dude would do in this day of age where they could potentially sue and get free money.
            These maps are not Valve maps. They are community made maps. Valve have no rights.
            However I do not think the devs will even contemplate these types of maps.
            Until the map editor comes out & a loading system devised there will be no customs available unfortunately

Comment

It could be considered a stolen asset like a model. Valve I am assuming just relied on Steam to handle it. No telling what some random person would do or how far they would take it. So by adding it now without any sort of steam workshop (or loading system as you mentioned), I am not sure how that would look.

Comment

As I said Valve have no rights over customs.

Also cover is easy with subtle changes to any map & a new map name.

So many DODS maps have very similar outlays but with different models & a different map name anyway

Comment

I'm not saying it would be Valve that would press the issue.

Comment

we'll wait for the map editor's release then, to get this training map for casual players... and meanwhile still the sadness of all servers... empty... :_(
                    Last edited by entrecot; 05-16-2017, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X