Game Mode Idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Mode Idea

This type of game mode needs to be created somewhere down the line in development.

King of the Hill Ruleset 1v1 (2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 5v5 all with similar rules)
    Game Mode- 1v1 match on small (community made) maps with the rest of the players in an on deck spectator mode (or team death match mode with the rest of spectators). Winner continues to play, while loser is added back to the on deck spectator mode. Player at the head of the line from the on deck spectator mode is the next challenger to play the winner of last game.

Gameplay – Each player has only one life and plays till all flags are capped or all players are dead. Matches are played out on small single lane maps (varied based on group size).
    Scoring – Scoring will be similar to volleyball, in that a player needs to will 2 consecutive games in a row to score. A player must get 10 points to win and they have to win by 2.

Example -
    Considering a scenario with four player “1, 2, 3, 4”. Player “1” and “2” fight 1v1. Player “1” wins and plays player “3”. Player “1” once again wins and then plays player “4”. Player “2” and “3” will be add back to the spectator pool and will then play the winner of the next game.

Scoring – First round no one scores. Second round player “1” scores 1 point. Third round has not occurred. Score is one to nothing, player “1”

Another Variation of this game mode

Multi-King of the Hill Ruleset 1v1 (2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 5v5 all with similar rules)
    Game Mode- Three 1v1 matches are played simultaneously on maps with the rest of the players in an on deck spectator mode (or team death match mode with the rest of spectators).). Winner moves up to the next lane while the loser moves down a lane. In the last lane (lane 3), the loser of the 1v1 match gets moved to the bottom of the “On Deck Spectator”.

Gameplay – Each player has only one life and plays till all flags are capped or all players are dead. Matches are played out on small single lane maps (varied based on group size). Map will contain multiple lanes to accommodate a certain amount of player with the rest in spectate mode (or team death match mode with the rest of spectators).

Scoring – Scoring will be similar to volleyball, in that a player needs to will 2 consecutive games in a row to score. A player must get 10 points to win and they have to win by 2. In order to score a player must be in position 1 of lane 1.

Example
    Considering a scenario with seven players with three simultaneous 1v1 matches occurring. The player rotation would be the following. The winner in lane 1 plays the victor from lane 2, while the victor from lane 3 will play the loser from lane 1. The loser of lane 3 gets added to the “On Deck Spectator” list and the player on the top of the on deck list plays the loser of lane 2.

To be honest , I think the devs have a mind set of how they want it and regardless of thought and input a lot of it is rejected... What I believe is accepted in the community is anything that was introduced to dod1.3 and source ..

Comment

I am really interested in getting into the nuts and buts of the programming and try to figure out how to this game mode out myself.

Touching on your point Elemeno89, I think it is short sited just to accept what was in a game 10 years ago and call it good. Innovative game modes will make or break this game I believe,

Comment

Yea but what are you going to do , also if you start programming don't jump straight into c++ , try Python first ...

Comment

I like your ideas hotsoup! Also word of advice, ignore anything Elemeno says, he was banned from the DoW discord for a reason.
          Last edited by cton; 03-22-2017, 01:42 AM.
          https://dowserverstatus.net/74.91.121.228/27015/banner.png

Comment

Working...
          X