This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll add a video to 'the history of de_dust II'

Wait! Before you all rage. Watch the video and start at 4.40 min. Listen to what he has to say about map lay-outs.
    Design a few maps while having his comments in mind. IF you want a competitive shooter, that is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCXpcRSB_Ww

Comment

I believe the distinction between "casual" and "competitive" maps needs to end, except for Omaha, which has always been and always will be a clusterfck. Every competitive map is enjoyable by casuals, now if you add a peeking hole for a proned sniper in the main street of a map that's not fun for ANYONE. Calling it "casual" won't make it any better. Devs need to stop justifying bad decisions based on a definition that doesn't even exist and players need stop accepting it. Having dark colors and terrible visibility isn't "casual" either, it's just bad design.
      Last edited by vichnaiev; 02-16-2017, 12:07 PM.

Comment

when have the devs ever said a map was "casual" or "competitive"? where did they clarify that exactly? and what makes you think they aren't trying to balance the maps so they are fun for both modes?

carentan is fan service for band of brothers, much like omaha is for saving private ryan. competitive leagues will discard these maps as soon as the editor is available.

Comment

Originally posted by Game View Post
          when have the devs ever said a map was "casual" or "competitive"? where did they clarify that exactly? and what makes you think they aren't trying to balance the maps so they are fun for both modes?

carentan is fan service for band of brothers, much like omaha is for saving private ryan. competitive leagues will discard these maps as soon as the editor is available.
          1 - February dev update mentions we'll get "official competitive maps" maps in the future

2 - Some redditor quoted Lee saying that "carentan is a pub map and will continue to be so" or something along those lines. He deleted his comments, so I guess either he was lying or he was told by Lee to erase it. You can still see the thread there, it's the most recent one.

Comment

that was me, and I don't want to speak for Lee, better to delete such comments than let it spread like it's fact.

My opinions are opinions, I am not a DoW dev

Comment

Paris and Berlin please
              http://anubis.clan.free.fr

Comment

new maps please, not some copy!

Comment

Working...
                X